US CPA course is one of the most demanded course in the global landscape as the US CPA is a highly sought-after designation globally. A recent study by the American Institute of CPAs found that the number of people taking the US CPA exam has been steadily rising. Here comes the importance of selecting the best Academy for pursuing the US CPA.
It is not an easy question to answer even though one can arrive at a template listing down various factors that need to be considered while selecting an Academy to pursue a course like the CPA.
How does one determine whether an Academy is good in terms of preparation for an exam like a CPA ?
Is it based on the pedagogy or the outcome? In other words, do we term an Institution the best if it’s teaching methodologies are good and the faculty is very well known or if the results are very encouraging and the pass rates are high ? Well even though the answer would lean closer to the results parameter there is no clear cut answer to this tricky question.
How should you select the best Academy for US CPA course?
Thus a candidate need to look for the following things in a US CPA coaching Academy, evaluate the same and take an appropriate call. Needless to mention it must also be recognised that the best an Academy can do is only 50% of the job and the balance needs to be well done by the candidate himself to be successful.
- Is the program run by an Academy of repute? This is essentially to ensure that one is not conned by the fly by night operators.
- Is the person directly involved in conducting / coordinating the program a qualified CPA himself ? While the knowledge levels of professionals in the same field with other qualifications may be the same it is always preferred that the faculty are qualified CPAs themselves considering the format and the structure of the exam.
- What is the program that they are following and how reputed is the same. Generally speaking every US CPA course training Academy represents a Learning Service Provider (could be either proprietary or a globally recognised player) and hence the reputation and the background of the program is very important from a candidate’s perspective.
- What kind of support system is available both from the Program and the Academy to help the student during the preparation time. What are the tools that are being provided to help the student prepare well for the US CPA Examination and deliver his best in an exam environment.
- Considering that the process of getting the credentials evaluated, registering with the respective State Boards and scheduling the exams is cumbersome, one needs to understand the handholding an Institution does to help the candidates spend as minimum a time as possible in these relatively less productive issues.
- Last but not the least (more relevant to candidates in India) how much assistance does the Academy provide in getting the Licensure upon completion of the exams is important.
Above must be the minimum factors that a student must look into before joining a program in the journey of qualifying as a CPA. Select the right place and people who can train, coach and guide you in the right direction. FINSPIRE Academy that is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu is one of the leading names for CPA coaching in India. Spearheaded by Ganesh Vaideeswaran, a highly qualified financial professional who is a Chartered Accountant & Cost Accountant from India and CPA, CIA & CMA from the United States.
Start your journey of US CPA Course in India from the right place. After all it is for nothing it is said Well begun is half done.