One of the pertinent questions in the mind of US CPA aspirants is whether there is enough scope for them in India in the current financial and economic climate. There are ample opportunities available for a US CPA in India. According to the job portal http://www.naukri.com, there are more than 30,000 job openings available for US CPA holders currently in India and this number is expected to increase exponentially in the coming years, as more and more MNCs are setting up their offices in India.
Many international companies, including Big 4’s like Ernest and Young, Deloitte, KPMG and Price Water Cooper house are hiring US Certified Public Accountants right now because they are an integral part of their functioning. The reluctance of Chinese companies to open up their accounts to American audit houses and the ripples of the Great Resignation in the US have caused many audit firms to shift their operations to India and this has created a huge opportunity for US CPA’s in the Indian market.
Accounting departments of both Multinational corporations as well as Audit firms are on the lookout for qualified and skilled US CPA’s as they possess the skill sets necessary to perform the functions.
According to http://www.indeed.com, the average salary for a US CPA is Indian Rupee 9.25 Lakhs Per Annum. Comparatively, the average salary of a CA ranges between Indian Rupee 6.5 to 7 Lakhs Per Annum.
So, it is increasingly evident that there exists an ever widening scope, additional opportunities and financial benefits for US CPA’s in India. These benefits and advantages are not just restricted to experienced professionals. Accounting firms on the lookout for capable and experienced personnel are now willing to extend competitive offers to young graduates who have completed their US CPA at a young age because they recognize how valuable this certification is for their organization.
Once you gain a US CPA, some of the lucrative career options that are available to you are as follows:
- Director of Finance: A professional with the responsibility of safeguarding the soundness of a company’s finances is known as a director of finance. They provide reports to the management on the company’s financial status, so that critical decisions can be made about upcoming investments or budgets. They evaluate financial markets, identify solutions to any problems that may arise, and monitor financial markets.
- Chief Financial Officer: As head of the financial operations in the organization, he is responsible for managing the company’s finances and preparing for its future growth.
- Senior Financial Analysts: Senior Financial analysts monitor economic developments in order to advise clients and businesses on the best ways to invest and diversify their funds. Financial analysts also estimate the worth of a firm and examine financial risks and opportunities.
- Risk and Compliance Professional: Risk and Compliance professionals work in public or private enterprises, as well as nonprofit organizations, to guarantee that all actions are carried out in accordance with rules set by the authorities.
- Personal Financial Advisor: Personal Financial advisors provide guidance and advice on investments, life insurance, savings, estate planning, taxes, retirement planning, as well as budgeting, both for individuals and corporates.
- Corporate Controller: Corporate Controller is someone who controls the financial and accounting responsibilities of a firm. This includes billings, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and budgeting. Preparing the yearly budget, internal and external financial statements, analyzing and monitoring the existing accounting operations, and coordinating actions for external auditors are some of the common job functions.
- Accounting Software Developer: Accounting software developers are responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and review of applications used for accounting purposes. The software developed tracks every account and transaction accurately, checks to see if the system can handle any unexpected entries that accountants need to make, and runs reports to assess the clients current financial state. The majority of data entered into the system pertains to financial transactions; hence the primary goal of the software is to perform precise calculations.
The scope of a US Certified Public Accountant is not limited to the above fields.
However, this is just an indication of the worthwhile nature of the certification course. These are just the options that are coming up in the Indian market.
The US CPA is the US equivalent of the Indian CA and enjoys global recognition with employment options available in more than 140 countries worldwide. Dedicate one year of your life to kick start your career with some of the best certification options available to young graduates today.
A reputed US CPA coaching academy can help you in climbing the ladder to corporate success. Get in touch with FINSPIRE Academy, a reputed US CPA Coaching Institute to partner with you on a journey that can Transform your life. The job opportunities in India for a qualified US CPA are increasing day by day. Visit http://www.finspireacademy.com or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to successfully complete your US CPA and launch a thriving career.